Thursday, December 17, 2009
How I personally feel about this celebration can probably be most easily understood by those of you who have been blessed with children of your own. I don't care what you call the day. If you want to celebrate My birth, just GET ALONG AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER.
Now, having said that let Me go on. If it bothers you that the town in which you live doesn't allow a scene depicting My birth, then just get rid of a couple of Santas and snowmen and put in a small Nativity scene on your own front lawn. If all My followers did that there wouldn't be any need for such a scene on the town square because there would be many of them all around town.
Stop worrying about the fact that people are calling the tree a holiday tree, instead of a Christmas tree. It was I who made all trees. You can remember Me anytime you see any tree. Decorate a grape vine if you wish: I actually spoke of that one in a teaching, explaining who I am in relation to you and what each of our tasks were. If you have forgotten that one, look up John 15: 1 - 8.*
If you want to give Me a present in remembrance of My birth here is my wish list. Choose something from it:
1. Instead of writing protest letters objecting to the way My birthday is being celebrated, write letters of love and hope to soldiers away from home. They are terribly afraid and lonely this time of year. I know, they tell Me all the time.
2. Visit someone in a nursing home. You don't have to know them personally. They just need to know that someone cares about them.
3. Instead of writing the President complaining about the wording on the cards his staff sent out this year, why don't you write and tell him that you'll be praying for him and his family this year. Then follow up.... It will be nice hearing from you again.
4. Instead of giving your children a lot of gifts you can't afford and they don't need, spend time with them. Tell them the story of My birth, and why I came to live with you down here. Hold them in your arms and remind them that I love them.
5 Pick someone that has hurt you in the past and forgive him or her.
6. Did you know that someone in your town will attempt to take their own life this season because they feel so alone and hopeless? Since you don't know who that person is, try giving everyone you meet a warm smile; it could make the difference.
7. Instead of nit picking about what the retailer in your town calls the holiday, be patient with the people who work there. Give them a warm smile and a kind word. Even if they aren't allowed to wish you a "Merry Christmas" that doesn't keep you from wishing them one. Then stop shopping there on Sunday. If the store didn't make so much money on that day they'd close and let their employees spend the day at home with their families
8. If you really want to make a difference, support a missionary-- especially one who takes My love and Good News to those who have never heard My name.
9. Here's a good one. There are individuals and whole families in your town who not only will have no "Christmas" tree, but neither will they have any presents to give or receive. If you don't know them, buy some food and a few gifts and give them to the Salvation Army or some other charity which believes in Me and they will make the delivery for you.
10. Finally, if you want to make a statement about your belief in and loyalty to Me, then behave like a Christian. Don't do things in secret that you wouldn't do in My presence. Let people know by your actions that you are one of mine.
Don't forget; I am God and can take care of Myself. Just love Me and do what I have told you to do. I'll take care of all the rest. Check out the list above and get to work; time is short. I'll help you, but the ball is now in your court. And do have a most blessed Christmas with all those whom you love and remember :
I LOVE YOU,
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Hopefully what I and many others are feeling is just temporary before we are rescued or do the rescuing. The several major reforms we were expecting from our new President, health care, finical and climate change all seem headed for defeat. Are we expecting too much of our new administration and congress? No we are not, we are just expecting what a representative democracy is supposed to do. Progressives have requested a meeting and have yet to receive his ear!
Matt Taibbi's latests Rolling Stone article details how the Obama administration ditched its progressive finical team who help him get elected, for wall street friendly, main street hating, corporate elite. The President and his administration are almost watching Americans loose their homes. They could of given the home openers the money instead of the banks in the first place.
Maybe we are just up against too much. Maybe our political system is so corrupt that those who are working for reform are out numbered and out resourced by those who will not relinquish their power. There are some silver linings, action to bring the Glass-Steagall regulation back. The Glass-Steagall kept banks and investment houses separate entities and required banks to keep a sizeble amount of cash on hand. The reason for enacting the law was to keep banks from creating systemic risk by being too big to fail, just like we witnessed some months back when they were too big too fail, the government spent ONE FUCKING TRILLIONS DOLLARS. But the ilk surrounding our President and congress are not going to reforms come without a fight!
"I think going back to Glass-Steagall would be like going back to the Walkman," a senior Treasury official.
We should have banks who take deposits and mostly sit on the money and collect a small interest. If I wanted my money in a crap game I will go to Vegas not my local bank. If I have money to invest I need to go to an investment house which will take the risks they should be taking but KEPT SEPARATE from people who need their money in the bank. It is clear the bankers and investing class have made insane amounts of money enabled by the tax payer. These banks have gobbled up other banks making them even bigger than before the crash, making them even a bigger systemic risk THAN EVER BEFORE!
While all this is going on, all I see on the news is that old bastard and his buddies stripping what they will call health care reform from being actual health reform. I hate to end any post on such a down note and uninspiring news but that is just how I am feeling and how the news seems TODAY. But I will say we are still fighting, the outcome is yet to be determined and our voices will be heard.